Sunday 21 April 2019

Preview: Left at the Bottom of the Garden

Left at the Bottom of the Garden is Statuesque Miniatures' new range of lost toys, a ragtag group who have come to life and are wandering through the woods. I've been working on this range for the past few months and soon I'll be taking it to Kickstarter to help fund the launch.

The prints prior to master moulding.
The launch range will consist of two cloth dolls and their beanbag cat, three singing toy rats, a toy penguin and two toy hoodie crows. The sculpting, printing and master casting is all done and now I'm working my way through making the production moulds. I'm planning on having everything bar the production casting done prior to the Kickstarter launch so there won't be any unforeseen delays.

The master castings.
So far, this has been one of the most satisfying projects I've worked on and I'm really pleased with this initial set of toys. Indeed, I've already started work on the next chapter of Left at the Bottom of the Garden, so fingers crossed the Kickstarter will be successful so I can continue enjoying myself sculpting odd little toys!

I'm hoping to be ready to go in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post here when the Kickstarter is live and don't forget to keep an eye on the Statuesque Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest info.

No comments:

Post a Comment