Friday, 25 February 2011

The camera never lies?

Ha, don't bet on it!

Here's a figures I finished recently for Crooked Dice Games, Group Captain Jim:
Now, I'm actually really happy with this figure, but it was a total pain in the ass to photograph. Various elements of the design and posing have conspired to make his legs look a bit short in the photos. I honestly believe it looks fine in person, as do Graeme and Karl of Crooked Dice. I think I managed to get quite a dynamic pose for a single piece casting so it's a bit annoying that he looks kind of odd in the photos. Even with multiple angles, you don't get read a figure the same from a photo as you would seeing it in reality.

Anyway, I'm always going to sculpt what looks good in person, rather than stick to something that will photograph well. So there.

Oh yeah, this was my fiftieth figure I mentioned a few posts back!

No comments:

Post a Comment